Notice: You might experience a brief interruption in web service on Sunday October 26, 2014
between the hours of 5 and 10 a.m. (CST) due to system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Patient Safety Highlights 2013
THIS IS AN ONLINE ACTIVITY. Hard copies are not available.
Patient Safety Highlights 2013—9 patient safety sessions recorded at ANESTHESIOLOGY 2013; slide presentations available online within 24 hours of session; available as a package or individually; CME credits for package: 12; CME for individual modules varies (1, 1.5, 2)
Package (all 9): Member price: $132; Nonmember price: $264
1.0 CME credit: Member price: $11.00; Nonmember price: $22.00
1.5 CME credits: Member price: $16.50; Nonmember price: $33.00
2.0 CME credits: Member price: $22.00; Nonmember price: $44.00
Learn from some of the outstanding sessions presented at ANESTHESIOLOGY™ 2013 selected to help fulfill MOCA® Part 2 Patient Safety. Test your knowledge and earn CME credit.
These patient safety activities help fulfill the patient safety CME requirement for Part 2 of the Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA) of The American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA). Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA requirements.
Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® and MOCA® are registered certification marks of The American Board of Anesthesiology®.
Faculty & Credentials:
Patient Safety Editorial Board Members: David P. Martin, M.D. and Lorri Lee, M. D. have reported no financial relationships with commerical interests.
Adult Patient With Morbid Obesity and OSA for Ambulatory Surgery: An Update
- Girish P. Joshi, M.D reported that he received honoraria from Pfizer, Baxter, Cadence, Pacira, and Edward Life Sciences.
Operating Room Safety: Electricity and Fires
- Mark J. Rice, M.D. and James F. Szocik, M.D. have reported no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Jeffrey M. Feldman, M.D. reported that he received consulting fees from Covidien and Draeger.
- Marjorie Stiegler, M.D. reported no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Terese T. Horlocker, M.D., James R. Hebl, M.D., Joseph M. Neal, M.D. and Guy L. Weinberg, M.D. have reported no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Bruce D. Spiess, M.D., Joyce A. Wahr, M.D., James H. Abernathy, M.D., Paul G. Barash, M.D. and Nancy A. Nussmeier, M.D.have reported no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Karen C. Nanji, M.D., Martin Culwick, M.D. aqnd Patrick J. Guffey, M.D. have reported no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Keith J. Ruskin, M.D. reported that he received consulting fees from Masimo Corporation.
- Richard W. Rosenquist, M.D. has reported no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- P. Allan Klock, Jr., M.D. has reported no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Alan F. Merry, M.D. reported that he has ownership and equity position with Safer Sleep LLC.
Core Competencies:Patient care or patient-centered care
CME Credit:12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.12.00 Non-physician Credit
Non-physicians may receive a Certificate of Completion stating that this activity was designated for 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Required Hardware / Software:
Internet connection, web browser version must have been released within the last three years. Videos are iPad compatible.