Financial Data: Basics for the Anesthesiologist
Member Price: $11 Non-Member Price: $14
Whether you are a novice in the realm of finance and billing operations or you have a more general understanding, this course will present concepts and tools to provide a basic foundation for the anesthesiologist.
After completing this activity, the learner should be able to:
- Use medical billing operations terminology and financial terms
- Identify the types and elements of financial data: billing, production and payroll/accounts payable
- Examine the specific data to review on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Discuss how benchmarks can be used to measure operational performance and/or track trends
- Define the financial education needed for the practice group
Faculty & Credentials:
Author: Genie Blough, MBA
- Genie Blough, MBA has indicated that she has financial relationships with industry to disclose: G Blough Associates, LLC‐Ownership.
- ASA Staff: Employees involved in planning have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
CME Credit:1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.1.00 Non-physician Credit
Non-physicians may receive a Certificate of Completion stating that this activity was designated for 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Required Hardware / Software:
Internet connection, Web browser, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Flash player. Download the latest Flash Player here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/