PRACTICE MANAGEMENT Course Offerings
Practice Management courses are designed for anesthesiologists and practice administrators interested in acquiring, maintaining or expanding the skills needed to improve practice management, quality and patient safety.
Practice Management Online Modules
Member price: $11.00, Non-member price: $14.00
An interactive education module on clinical ethics to provide a foundation for educational institutions, physicians, and other health care workers to be able to remotely experience ethics education and learn methods to analyze clinical ethics situations. Learn more.
Whether you are a novice in the realm of finance and billing operations or you have a more general understanding, this course will present concepts and tools to provide a basic foundation for the anesthesiologist. Learn more.
Risk management and patient safety are linked. Reducing risk means increasing patient safety by developing a patient safety culture through communication and teamwork. This course provides practice management tools and guidance from the unique systems-based approach of Dr. James Bagian. Learn more.
This patient safety activity helps fulfill the patient safety CME requirement for Part 2 of the Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA) of The American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA).
- PM for Residents: Basics of Coding and Billing
- PM for Residents: Evaluating a Practice
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT 2014
January 24-26, 2014, Hilton Anatole, Dallas TX
This premier educational event provides up-to-date information about the state of practice management, including business and technology trends, changes in regulations and laws, and best practices to manage an anesthesiology practice in today’s environment. Learn from leading experts on Billing, Coding, RACs, CME Interpretive Guidelines and Credentialing Issues.
Member price: $3,950.00 Non-member price: 4,650.00
This program will provide participants with an overall orientation of the business skills needed to successfully manage the operations and functions of a healthcare organization or medical practice and will allow participants to actively participate in its strategic success. ASA's CBA Program is designed to teach the business skills to run a department, manage the challenges of a modern practice (private or academic), attain some of the language and perspective of the other side of the table and sharpen entrepreneurial skills. Learn more.
- Session 1: Successful Leadership and Management & Organizational Behavior: February 23-24, 2013
- Session 2: Legal Aspects of Healthcare & Management of Human Resources & Strategic Analysis and Business Plan Development: June 22-23, 2013
- Session 3: Accounting and Financial Analysis of Healthcare Organizations, Financial Management and Budgeting: September 21-22, 2013
- Session 4: Integrated Delivery Systems and Business Plan Presentations: November 9-10, 2013
- Distance Learning: Marketing and Consumer Behavior - Business Communications - Integrated Marketing Communications in Healthcare