Simulation Education Network (SEN) is a network of ASA-endorsed simulation programs held in centers across the country to deliver training to anesthesiologists. Courses are designed to realistically recreate challenging clinical cases to allow participants to problem‐solve in a manner that is similar to actual clinical experience. For specific program information contact a Simulation Center near you. For general information view the program’s FAQ page.
The American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) is responsible for implementing MOC for anesthesiologists. To find out more about MOCA and the details of requirements for your cohort visit the ABA website, email questions to: moca@theABA.org or call 866-999-7501. You may also view an online MOCA® Program tutorial to address frequently asked questions and concerns of constituents.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists' Simulation Education Program is the culmination of consultation among leaders in anesthesia simulation. The Program advocates the promotion of learning through simulation and specifically approves programs of quality in anesthesiology simulation training. The Simulation Editorial Board oversees the Simulation Education Network that provides training to satisfy the American Board of Anesthesiology’s Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA®) requirements.
Members of ASA and the simulation community will benefit from this Program as it promotes patient safety through refinement of training and team enhancement. Consider this website as a portal to new learning opportunities.
- Learning Objectives: Learning objectives that may be substantively addressed include: 1.Management of significant hemodynamic instability 2.Management of significant hypoxemia from any cause, including difficult airway management 3.Principles and practice of teamwork and communication
- Faculty & Credentials: Simulation Center site specific
- Core Competencies: System-based practice
- Target Audience: Anesthesiologists interested in completing the training requirement for Part 4 (Practice Performance Assessment & Improvement) of Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA®).
- Method: On-site simulation training